Summer is upon us and it is time to switch to lighter foundations. I recommend switching to a BB, tinted foundation, powder foundation, or Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua.
So why switch? Well...because if you live in a part of the country that is going to be hot this summer then you are probably are going to be sweating (if you don't, LUCKY!), and you don't want to look like you are melting. Also you don't want a thick foundation to seep into your pores, which can cause acne.
I like Chanel's water based foundation because it is light but has medium coverage, which is build-able. It truly looks how I wish my skin looked without make-up. It is oil-free and acne-comedogenic, but some people might still breakout with it, so I recommend going to a Chanel counter and ask for a sample.
For the con's: Oh my with the shaking! Due to it being water based the actual make up settles at the bottle, so it is important to shake it very well before you apply it with fingers. It is expensive...but then again it is Chanel not CoverGirl. It retails at $45.00. Shade selection is not that great. Mine is a very close match but not a perfect match, but this is something I have found with all Chanel foundations.
Overall, one of the best foundations I have ever tried. I don't have to wear powder over it until hours after the first application but that is to take off the shininess. This is suitable for all skin types in my opinion which is in contradiction to what the make-up artist at the counter believes. She does not recommend this for people with oily skin, but I have oily skin and I don't have a problem with it. However, I do use a mattifying lotion underneath. I would recommend everyone to try it out! If you do or already own it leave comments on your experience below.
No comments:
Post a Comment