Friday, May 25, 2012

How To Make Your Make-Up Last All night

It's Friday and that means girls night out for many of you, but that also means the inevitable raccoon eyes, smudged mascara, and foundation that has disappeared. Well I have the solutions to all of those things.

Lets start with foundation. It is important to moisturize before putting your foundation on, but the key to making it last all day and night is to put a primer on after moisturizing and before your foundation. Think of a prime the same way as a primer you would use on a wall you are going to paint. What it does is it fills in the bumps and lines making your foundation look smoother, and you will also use less foundation. Primers are great for people with acne because make-up can break you out and a primer will act as a barrier making it harder for the foundation to clog pores. Now which one? There are many many many primers out there and it is important to pick one that is right for your skin type. If you have oily skin pick one that is oil free and mattifying, if you have acne-prone skin stay away from primers with silicon in them. I recommend Tarte's Clean Slate primer for all skin types. If you have normal skin then I recommend Smashbox's Photo Finish Foundation Primer.

If I had to pick one of the make-up products that has changed my life, I would choose eyeshadow primer. I have oily skin and my eyelids are no different. That is what makes eyeshadows crease, and suddenly there is only a line where eyeshadow used to be. I use this every time I put eyeshadow on and it is really important if you are going out at night. I swear by Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I use the original color, because there are primers that have tints to them which change the color of your eyeshadow.

I have small eyes so I use eyeliner and one of my favorite looks is the smoky eye using a khol liner, however khol liners have fall out. What I use to avoid the raccoon eyes is a sealer for liner and eyeshadow by applying MakeUp For Ever's Eye Seal. This makes your eyeshadow and liner waterproof, so your make-up will look the same at 2am as it did at 2pm.

There are also primers for lips, but I still have yet to find one that I like. There are also setting sprays, but I don't recommend these for people with acne. If you have normal skin then go for it.

Have fun this holiday weekend!
-JJ

No comments:

Post a Comment